New Season, New Grease Trap?
Have you been thinking about upgrading or replacing your grease trap? Are you brand new to the food service sector and need to find out what a grease trap is and why they are essential? Goodflo can help. For over 20 years we have been supplying and maintaining cost-effective grease management solutions for kitchens of all sizes. We offer several grease management plans and will supply and install your equipment and service and maintain it.
A new grease trap may be purchased for a variety of reasons, such as to replace an old or malfunctioning one, to accommodate an increase in the volume of grease in your wastewater, or to bring your fats, oils, and grease (FOG) compliance up to date. Newer grease traps may also have improved design features or technology that can increase efficiency and reduce maintenance requirements.
As a leading grease trap supplier, we are renowned for our end-to-end service. Goodflo has the expertise to manage your system right through from purchase and installation to the maintenance of the equipment and the disposal of waste. With Goodflo, FOG compliance is one more business headache you can hand over to the experts.
Do I Need a New Grease Trap?
Grease management is a fundamental part of running a modern kitchen and any business cooking hot food is required by law to have a grease trap, sometimes known as a grease separator. Maybe you’re looking to open a new restaurant or food service business or are just keen to modernise and stay up to date with the law. Here are the top reasons that business owners and kitchen managers come to Goodflo for our grease trap services.
- New Business: Are you new to the industry? The bottom line is that if your business cooks hot meals, you will need a grease trap. Put simply, a grease trap stops fats, oils, and grease (FOG) from entering the sewer system, removing it from kitchen wastewater and allowing the decontaminated water to pass into the sewer. The FOG will be trapped in a box in your kitchen and will need regular cleaning and registered disposal of the waste. Our experts will talk you through these processes and help you find the right solution for your business.
- Legal Compliance: The law around the disposal of fats, oils, and grease (FOG) is clear – they must not make their way into the sewer system under any circumstances. We’ve collected key parts of the legislation if you want to learn more. There are significant fines and even a risk of prosecution for any business that doesn’t meet this compliance. Grease trap waste is classified as controlled waste by the Environment Agency and can only legally be removed from your site by a registered waste carrier such as Goodflo. We will also manage full environmental and legal compliance documentation on your behalf. (Goodflo Ltd Waste Carriers License: CBDU63089.)
- Business Growth: If your food service business or restaurant is growing, it may be time to move to a larger underground grease management tank system if space allows. You may even be moving to new, larger premises and need to start over with a new grease trap service.
- Failing Equipment and Avoiding Downtime: Nothing lasts forever, and eventually your grease management solution will need some serious maintenance or even replacement altogether. Rather than seeing this as an inconvenience and expense, it could instead be a great opportunity to look at new technology and services that will save you time and money in the long run. A broken-down grease trap or indeed a blocked sewer will cause serious repercussions to your kitchen and business, and can easily be avoided with our services.
- Environmental Concerns: All the waste we collect is reused or recycled – none of it goes to landfill. Certain types of waste can be processed into an environmentally friendly, carbon-neutral diesel alternative, and grease trap waste can even be used to generate green energy.
If you would like to learn more about what grease traps do, how they work and why they’re needed, head over to our Knowledge Centre.
Easy Grease Management Solutions
You can speak to the experts in grease management by calling 01926 334466. Our end-to-end grease trap service can take a lot of worry off your shoulders, and our friendly team are ready to advise you on your requirements and provide a free, no-obligation quote.
You can also email us at email@example.com if you prefer, or you can fill out our online contact form. With over 20 years of experience in grease management and grease trap services, we look forward to making your FOG obligations easy and stress-free to manage.