Northern Ireland Fatberg Strikes Again!
Grease Traps help avoid fatbergs from forming...
Northern Ireland Water have recently discovered an enormous 'Fatberg' from a Dublin Road, Belfast sewer. These unwelcome fat blockages are caused when fats, oils and grease (FOGs) are poured down drains and become entangled with other waste items such as sanitary products and baby wipes.
The Water company have reportedly removed over two hundred tonnes of grease from the sewerage system, stating that this is an ongoing issue where fats are poured down the drains, ending up in the sewers. In the previous two years, NI Water has cleared drain blockages from the sewers, at a cost of £5m. Gavin McCready, Networks Sewerage Manager explains, "While most businesses use grease traps and bin their waste correctly, those that don’t are contributing to a massive fatberg in the sewers around the area."
At Goodflo, we offer a range of different fat trap solutions. Whether the innovative G-Bag system, designed for above ground easy in-kitchen installation or an underground trap for larger food operations, we have the expertise and technical know-how to help food-serving establishments avoid a fatberg crisis.
Give us a call today to find out more about Fatbergs! Whether it's your requirements for the best in-kitchen grease trap solutions to stop grease at source, the current legislation or any technical questions you may have, we're here to help and ease your FOG build-up worries. Call now on 01926 334466 or email email@example.com.
- News Items
- Grease Traps Are Not The Only Solution – Biological Drain Dosing
- Food Service Establishment and Water Company Enforcement
- London's Monster Fatberg!
- Coffee Culture Britain...but where do the grounds go?
- Grease Traps Are Not The Only Solution - Biological Drain Dosing
- Prospects for New Start-ups in the Hospitality Sector
- G-Bag Grease Trap provides fish & chip outlets with hygienic solution
- Water Company Woes? Grease Traps help avoid prosecution
- Northern Ireland Fatberg Strikes Again!
- Goodflo Exhibiting at CKS 2017
- WRc Innovation Event
- The Goose is Getting Fat!
- Customers Love the G-Bag Service Bundle